Elder law is an area of practice that focuses on the legal needs of seniors, their families and caregivers. An attorney that practices elder law can help with everything from standard legal issues to estate planning and long-term care needs. In some cases they focus their practice on assisting individuals and couples in preparing for the eventuality of needing nursing home care, and enabling them to take advantage of their Medicaid benefits while preserving the assets that they have spent their lifetime earning and accumulating. Other areas of attention include establishing trusts for family members and loved ones, creating wills, and ensuring that their future wishes are carried out from both a financial perspective and with regards to the legacy that they wish to leave behind. If you are interested in speaking with an elder law attorney in South Jersey, the attorneys at Cohen and Fineman LLC are here to help. We are experienced and knowledgeable in the field of elder law, and can help you protect your assets and rights into the future.
An elder law attorney can help you in areas that go far beyond Medicaid planning, including such issues as:
- Age discrimination in employment
- Long term care placements
- Nursing home issues, including quality and patient rights
- Retirement, including coordination of retirement benefits, pension benefits and survivor benefits
- Housing issues including reverse mortgages
- Administration and management of trusts and estates
- Estate planning through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents
- Disability planning, including crafting living trusts, living wills, durable powers of attorney and health care proxy
- Social security and disability claims and appeals
- Supplemental and long term health insurance issues
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Medicaid qualification, applications and planning strategies
- Preservation or transfer of assets
Taking the time to plan ahead not only protects your rights but also makes things much easier for your loved ones in the future. At Cohen and Fineman LLC we will take the time to listen to you so that we understand exactly what your goals are and help you to accomplish them. We will ask you all the right questions, raising issues that you may not have thought of on your own in order to ensure that you have a comprehensive, customized plan in place. It is always our goal to minimize taxes for you and your beneficiaries and to create a long term plan that eliminates confusion, conflict, and unnecessary expenses that will diminish your assets.
To discuss your legal needs with an experienced elder law attorney in South Jersey, call the compassionate attorneys at Cohen and Fineman LLC to set up a convenient appointment.
Elder Law Attorney South Jersey – Learn more about our services HERE.