BURLINGTON COUNTY PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION ATTORNEYS
The passing of a loved one is a difficult and emotional event. Someone will be given the responsibility of serving as executor or executrix of the estate. Frequently, this designated person lives far away from the deceased. The guidance and advice of legal counsel can help ease this burden. The Burlington County probate and estate administration lawyers at the law firm of Cohen Fineman, LLC, can help ensure that all assets are transferred according to the law, in accordance with the deceased’s legally documented wishes and in a timely manner.
Contact our South Jersey estate administration attorneys online or call (856) – 304 – 0699 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your legal situation.
Ensuring All Probate Responsibilities Are Properly Carried Out
When an individual dies, either with or without a will, his or her estate must be settled through a court proceeding known as probate. Probate is the court-administered process of distributing property upon another’s death. The executor or executrix of an estate has responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying the estate assets
- Paying any debts owed by the decedent at the time of death
- Paying any taxes that may be owed as a result of the death
- Pursuing any claims against third parties that are owed to the estate
- Determining the identity of the decedent’s heirs if he or she died without leaving a will
- Distributing the remaining assets to the decedent’s heirs or beneficiaries under a will
For Help With the Probate Court Process, Contact Our Camden County Lawyers
If you need help with probate and estate administration in New Jersey or eastern Pennsylvania, we are here for you. Contact our Burlington County probate attorneys online or call (856) – 304 – 0699 to schedule an appointment to discuss your legal needs.